Sing and Dance with Frank Sinatra is Frank Sinatra's seventh studio album. The album was released under Columbia Records and was arranged by George Siravo. It was later renamed with the word "Swing" instead of the word "Sing".
Track Listing[edit | edit source]
- "Lover" (Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart
- "It's Only a Paper Moon" (Billy Rose, E.Y. Harburg and Harold Arlen)
- "My Blue Heaven" (G. Whiting and Walter Donaldson)
- "It All Depends on You" (B.G. DeSylva, Lew Brown and Ray Henderson)
- "You Do Something to Me" (Cole Porter)
- "Should I?" (Arthur Freed and Nacio Herb Brown)
- "The Continental" (Herb Magidson and C. Conrad)
- "When You're Smiling" (Fisher, Goodwin and Shay)
- CD bonus tracks:
- "You Do Something to Me"
- "When You're Smiling (The Whole World Smiles With You)"
- "It's Only a Paper Moon"
- "My Blue Heaven"
- "The Continental"
- "Meet Me at the Copa"
- "Nevertheless (I'm in Love with You)"
- "There's Something Missing"
- "Farewell, Farewell to Love"
Singles[edit | edit source]
A single song from the album, "My Blue Heaven," was released as a single. This single featured this song as well as "Goodnight, Irene" as played by Sinatra and The Mitch Miller Singers.
Reception[edit | edit source]
Allmusic gave Sing and Dance a four out of five star review. Stephen Thomas Erlewine quotes Mitch Miller, claiming that the album was when "the world discovered that Sinatra could swing." The album was described as being "useful in illustrating that even when Sinatra wasn't at the peak of his stardom, he could record some extraordinary music."
Personnel[edit | edit source]
|George Arus||Trombone||Arthur Baker||Clarinet|
|Artie Baker||Clarinet||Adam Block||Project Director|
|Lew Brown||Composer||Nacio Herb Brown||Composer|
|Billy Butterfield||Trumpet, Trumpet (Muted)||Ernie Caceres||Sax (Baritone)|
|Matt Cavaluzzo||Transfers||Eric Clapton||Composer|
|Marc Cozza||Cover Design, Packaging||Buddy DeSylva||Composer|
|Didier C. Deutsch||Compilation Producer, Producer||Ellen Fitton||Archival Restoration, Digital Mastering|
|Arthur Freed||Composer||George Gershwin||Composer|
|Ira Gershwin||Composer||Charles Granata||Compilation Producer, Liner Notes, Photography, Producer, Project Manager|
|Bobby Hackett||Cornet||Herbie Haymer||Sax (Tenor)|
|Ray Henderson||Composer||Harry James||Director|
|Harry James & His Orchestra||Performer||Larry Keyes||Transfers|
|Ken Lane||Piano||Randall Martin||Cover Design, Packaging|
|Rosemary Mulligan||Packaging Manager||R. O'Brien||Composer|
|Babe Russin||Sax (Tenor)||Tony Sellari||Art Direction|
|Frank Sinatra||Author, Vocals||George Siravo||Arranger, Director, Orchestra Director|
|Axel Stordahl||Director, Orchestra Director||Wolfe Taninbaum||Sax (Tenor)|
|Hugo Winterhalter||Director, Orchestra Director||Don Wolf||Composer|